Servings: 2 | Time: 15 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
This vegan gooeyness is perfect for when you’re in need of comfort food. I do love normal mac and cheese, but with added mustard just takes it to another level. This is pretty easy and only takes about 15 minutes, so perfect for a quick dinner after a long day!
- 4 oz of pasta, I used Biona Organic Spelt Penne
- Veggies! I used a handful of peas and green beans
- 2 teaspoon of Vegan butter, I used Vitalite Dairy Free
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder, I used Colman’s Mustard Powder
- 10 tablespoons of plant milk, I used Pip & Nut Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Vegan cheese, I used Violife Original
- Himalayan salt
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, along with any veggies that you choose
- Melt the butter in a separate pan, then add the flour and mustard and mix
- When this turns to a paste, add the almond milk and whisk. At first this will look like it’s gone wrong (i.e. a lumpy af mess) but will soon turn into a smooth and creamy sauce
- Stir in some grated vegan cheese. I added about an eight of a pack of Violife but this will depend on the strength of the cheese you choose
- Taste the sauce – This is the point to add a pinch of salt and possibly some more mustard
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and veggies & serve – Yum!