Servings: 4-6 | Time: 25 minutes | Difficulty: Super easy!
This pesto and tomato tart is so delicious and easy, my go-to recipe for when people are coming over and I need something quick to cook up.
- Olive oil, I use Frylight Olive Oil Spray
- Puff pastry, I use Jus Rol Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- Free from pesto, I use Sacla’ Free From Pesto
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt, I used Profusion Himalayan Rose Pink Salt
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6
- Lightly oil a baking tray
- Lay out the puff pastry. I use the Jus Rol Ready Rolled Puff Pastry and lay this flat on the tray. If you are using a different pastry/making it yourself, you will need to stick to the dimensions 350mm x 225mm
- Thinly cut the vertical edges off and place back on top to create a border
- Prick the center of the tart, excluding the border
- Spoon a thin layer of pesto in the center of the tart
- Place the sliced tomato in rows
- Top with some mixed herbs and a pinch of salt
- Bung in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the edges have puffed up
If you make any mistakes with the pastry, or your tart is too big to fit on the tray even after making the border, cut more strips off and roll some pesto in them to make cute pastry swirls too!